Monday, January 21, 2008

Meeting some Melbourne Girls



I was down in Melbourne to go to the Aus Open tennis, but before I got to my first match I managed to catch up with some of the Melbourne Girls.

Those present were Briar (Patchy) and her daughter Silvie, Maria (Miamaria) and her grandson Bailey, Di (Mrsbootguy), Jen (Jenali) and me. It was great meeting cyber friends - both from the ww boards, but also dedicated scrabulous opponents on facebook.


There was lots of chatting and lots of laughter.


Briar and Di are in the back row (Di is the one acting the fool),
and in the front row and Me, Jen and Maria.


Thanks Silvie for being our photographer.


Di and Jen are planning on coming up to Sydney, especially so they can meet up with Nic (Slinkymalinki) too. The four of us are mates on the GU 70/60 thread. Now we just have to get Maria and Pixie and Sweet Al to join us too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jan
Just reading your blog that you left details about on your post . . . nice to see you had fun at the meetup with the other girls . . . . glad you are on top & in control of your healthy food choices - 36 kgs - that is fabulous!!! . . . . & your life after reading previous posts in your blog . . . . keep up the good work - your lookin' great!!! . . . . . from Marg (Lapsed Lifers (Less to Lose thread on the Message Boards)

Just T said...

Hi Jan,

Found my way via WW boards (on blogs). I have started a new WW blog list on my blog, and hope you don't mind but have added you.

Congratulations on your weight loss, and continued success!

Tina (teenyr on WW)

Blogger K L said...

Hi Jan,

It's great you're able to meet up with other ppl from the ww boards! It's great that so many people have found friends on ww and are meeting up (in real life) too!

Kat

(goalweight65 on ww; fighttobethin.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

would love to stay in touch as I STURGGLE WITH WW AT THE PRESENT moment love to hear from you and your story, I am diabetetic and have lots of health problems, I am a catholic and practic my faith an love talking to people about there journey hope to hear from you soon love Joanne :)